HORIBA Unifies Communications for Highly Diverse Global Workforce
HORIBA provides an extensive suite of state-of-the-art instruments and systems for automotive research and development applications, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, and other scientific measurements.
With more than 5,000 employees across the company, many who travel extensively, HORIBA was challenged to maintain effective communications for handling customer calls and keeping long-distance usage costs to a minimum. The North America operations had been relying on older and disparate phone systems.
HORIBA implemented its first ShoreTel deployment in 2007. The ShoreTel UC Solutions includes ShoreTel Communicator, ShoreTel VPN Concentrator, ShoreTel Conference Bridge, ShoreTel Workgroups, and nearly 600 ShoreTel IP Phones. Now, HORIBA is planning to roll out ShoreTel Mobility to capitalize on intuitive ShoreTel UC tools for mobile devices.
Benefits have included:
- Elimination of POTS lines and legacy phone costs.
- Reduction of long-distance and international usage costs.
- Improvement of customer services with easy, automated and real-time call management.
- Simplified conference management and call center activities.
- Desktop-to-mobile UC tools to improve productivity for traveling and remote employees.
“Being a global company, someone is always working, and customers are always calling. We needed a seamless, simple VoIP platform to handle our 24/7 business. I wanted to ensure that we could accomplish this cost efficiently for our North America operations.”
- Rajah Nithiananthan, Director of IT, North America, HORIBA