Interactive Voice Response for ShoreTel
Organizations ranging from schools to city governments to financial institutions can improve customer service and their bottom lines by automating interactions and providing clients with expanded opportunities for self service.
Interactive Voice Response applications allow callers to identify and authenticate themselves, review personal details, conduct transactions or request topical information by mail or fax. They often rely upon software connections to dynamic enterprise data stores, allowing institutions to provide up to the minute information to their clients and members. Outbound campaign oriented IVR applications are used to provide notifications, appointment reminders and invitations to speak with live agents for existing and prospective clients alike.
ShoreTel UC system owners benefit from an array of IVR choices solutions that vary in capabilities and price levels.
Inbound IVR Options: Generally speaking, customers can choose from three options:
- A custom built, native ShoreTel IVR application that leverages existing telephony and media resources and runs on ShoreTel Director or distributed voice servers
- The ShoreTel Contact Center which offers a built-in IVR building capabilities
- A third-party solution, ideally one validated by an Alliance member in the ShoreTel Innovation Network
Outbound IVR Options:
- The ShoreTel Outbound Campaign IVR: Easily configured native ShoreTel application that allows customers to easily create customized calling campaigns.
- ShoreTel Contact Center: Dial lists allowing progressive dialing campaigns for connecting clients to company agents
- Third-party solution
Determining which solution is best suited to achieve a customer’s goals depends upon several factors. A few key questions to consider:
- Is your ShoreTel solution based on Workgroups, Contact Center, or neither?
- Do you have in house developers who can build a solution from scratch?
- To what extent do you expect the design of the call flow and back end data integration to vary in the future?
- Do you have internal personnel who will maintain your IVR design or will you contract this work to a ShoreTel or other business partner?