Top Tips for Unified Communications Resellers
Over the last decade, unified communications technology has gone from “Wouldn’t it be cool if we could bring these technologies together?” to “We need UC to increase productivity and stay competitive.”
It’s that simple. UC is becoming a “must have” for organizations of every size. And as UC adoption grows, organizations are expecting greater benefits than ever.
If you’re a reseller trying to make a decision about which UC solution to invest in, here are the top considerations for making the right choice for your customers.
1. Focus on customer satisfaction. While it may be tempting to focus on the cool technology and features, there are a lot of studies and research available that reveal what users really want and why.
2. Offer rich features and capabilities. A UC system should accommodate all different types of workers—including those working from home, remote offices, or on the road—and their communication preferences.
3. Make it easy to deploy, use and scale. A simpler system means fewer resources required for deployment, maintenance, and end-user training. When systems are appliance-based and plug-and-play, they are far easier to scale—and easier for resellers to support.
4. Ensure a low total cost of ownership. Smart buyers look at the total cost of ownership that includes both upfront costs and hidden costs. By understanding all costs and using freely available tools to support the decision-making process, you can help your customers make the right choice.
5. Work with a vendor in a strong market position. A UC system can last ten years or longer, so consider a vendor’s long-term road map for features and functionality that will meet the ever-evolving needs of your customers.
6. Deliver a highly available system. Enterprise-class systems must be 99.999 percent (five nines) available and offer N+1 redundancy.
7. Integrate into any business environment. Support of open standards is important. A UC system must be flexible enough to keep up with evolving technologies and changing business processes. The ability to offer both off-the-shelf and custom-built applications delivers the business agility your customers need.
8. Ride the wave of innovation. Unified communications is all about helping organizations streamline collaboration and increase efficiency through integrated business processes, presence information and other innovations. By offering innovative solutions, you can help your customers differentiate in a global marketplace.
If you’re a reseller interested in offering your customers the industry's leading unified communications solution, apply to ShoreTel now.