ShoreTel’s Cloud Division Announces Mobile UC
Integration with ShoreTel Mobility extends business voice and unified communications applications to smartphones
SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 19, 2012 – ShoreTel® (NASDAQ; SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple premise and cloud-based business phone system and communication solutions with fully integrated unified communications (UC), today announced the release of ShoreTel Mobility for customers of ShoreTel’s M5 cloud division. The solution extends the voice and unified communications (UC) applications businesses love to the smartphone. The initial launch will support iPhones and subsequent releases over the summer will add support for other smartphone and tablet devices including Android and Blackberry. Users are able to leverage a single converged device for both business and personal communications, and access deskphone and UC capabilities on their iPhone without having to learn a new interface.
In addition to offering users a dual persona, ensuring easy separation of personal and business identities on a single mobile device, ShoreTel Mobility automatically and securely selects the best available network – Wi-Fi or cellular – without any action by the user. The solution is available to ShoreTel’s Cloud Division clients for a monthly fee per user.
“I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the ShoreTel Mobility application. I've been wanting this for 4 years now and I'm glad that M5, as part of ShoreTel, will be one of the first in the market. I have no doubt that true corporate mobility will improve productivity for our remote and traveling employees,” said Derek Stewart, Finance and Operations manager at Foursquare.
“The way people work has changed. Instead of fighting the trends of mobility and bring-your- own-device, we are empowering our clients to embrace them by extending our cloud phone system capabilities to the device that users love the most – their own,” said Dan Hoffman, ShoreTel Cloud Division President. “The solution represents a win-win, giving our customers the ease of using the device that is already in their pocket and giving the enterprise a way to reduce costs, while maintaining a consistent corporate identity and caller experience.”
Users enjoy the following benefits:
- Identity – Business calls to and from any ShoreTel Mobility user are made using their business phone number, not their personal mobile number. This means corporate identity is maintained and the company, not the employee, owns the contact relationship. Employees no longer need to reveal personal mobile phone numbers and can instantly tell if an incoming call to the mobile device is personal or work related.
- Convenience – Users can leverage all of the benefits of the M5 cloud business-phone system that they enjoy when using a deskphone including: transferring calls to other employees and utilizing four-digit dialing. Coaching tools such as barge and whisper are available to management.
- Metrics – Mobile calls are no longer omitted from the phone system’s business intelligence. Records for business calls made to and from the mobile device are included along with deskphone calls, giving management true visibility into employee performance and the health of the business.
- Network Flexibility - ShoreTel Mobility can significantly reduce direct dial and international roaming charges on the smartphone by utilizing software that switches networks automatically, intelligently and securely between wireless and cellular for the best available coverage at any given moment.
Related Links & Conversation
- Subscribe to ShoreTel’s blog.
- Follow ShoreTel on Twitter and Facebook.
- #ShoreTel, #UC, #ShoreTel_Mobility
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) brings unmatched flexibility, choice and value to brilliantly simple business phones systems and unified communications (UC). With its award-winning premise-based IP phone system with integrated unified communications, contact center capabilities, and its proven hosted VoIP services, organizations of all sizes can select the best option for their needs. ShoreTel’s ongoing mission is to eliminate costly complexity and give customers the 24/7 freedom to leverage rich voice, video, data and mobile unified communications capabilities they need. ShoreTel is based in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas; Rochester and New York, N.Y.; Chicago, Ill.; Maidenhead, United Kingdom; Sydney, Australia; and Singapore. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com.