SUNNYVALE, Calif., January 18, 2010 – ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple IP phone systems with fully integrated Unified Communications (UC), today announced ShoreTel 10, the latest version of its award-winning UC software. With support for T.38 fax integration, enhanced multisite capabilities, and extended integration to Microsoft Exchange 2007 with enhanced SIP capabilities which allow for native integration, ShoreTel 10 is ideal for large enterprises looking to increase user productivity and integrate communications into existing investments.
- ShoreTel has improved integration with multivendor environments. ShoreTel 10 allows enterprises to tightly integrate new capabilities into their legacy systems, preserving their PBX investment while providing end users with the productivity and usability benefits of new ShoreTel UC features.
- ShoreTel's UC software has already been widely deployed by enterprises with thousands of lines including environments with hybrid ShoreTel and legacy Avaya, Nortel, Mitel, NEC and Toshiba PBX systems.
- ShoreTel is the recognized leader in customer satisfaction among UC vendors, having been named by Nemertes Research the Best IP Telephony Provider for six years in a row.
- ShoreTel 10, as with all previous ShoreTel releases, is available as a free upgrade for current customers who are on a ShoreTel support contract as part of ShoreTel's standard support service.
ShoreTel 10 includes:
- Enhanced support for large enterprises
- Distributed workgroups, paging and account codes
- Simplified management
- System registration and advisory service
- Mobile Call Manager: phased release upgrade support
- Windows® 2008 server support
- Seamless messaging integration
- T.38 fax support for simple integration with third-party fax servers
- Extended SIP integration for Microsoft Exchange 2007 Messaging
- Call Manager: XenApp 5.0 support
- New Mobile Call Manager Devices
- Additional Symbian and Windows Mobile devices from Nokia and HTC
- Enhanced User Productivity
- Instant messaging response options for inbound calls
- Instant messaging support in the Workgroup Agent Monitor
Organizations looking for a detailed description of ShoreTel 10 features, can contact their ShoreTel reseller.
"ShoreTel 10 provides enterprises a highly reliable, highly flexible, easy-to-deploy unified communications solution that integrates with existing communications systems, without having to rip out and replace legacy PBXs. The significant productivity gains of UC come without the high costs and complexity found in other solutions. With ShoreTel, enterprises are also choosing a provider that continues to win top customer satisfaction awards year after year, and responds quickly to their business requirements with capabilities that reduce costs while increasing employee productivity."
– Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP unified communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications - voice, video, messaging and data - with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel's distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or call 1-800-425-9385.