SUNNYVALE, CA, April 8, 2009 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, today announced it has recently been awarded state purchasing vehicles in California, Louisiana, New Mexico and Ohio. These contracts, along with existing ShoreTel contracts with the State of New York and the federal government in the form of a GSA Schedule 70, streamline the purchasing process for agencies interested in the productivity, cost-savings and collaboration benefits of ShoreTel's easy-to-use, extremely reliable and highly scalable UC solution.
ShoreTel offers the industry's lowest total cost of ownership and highest customer satisfaction rating, important benefits in helping government agencies cut their communications costs, increase individual and team productivity, better satisfy the needs of their constituencies, strengthen the reliability of their communication systems, and prepare for the future. ShoreTel's distributed architecture provides agencies with a high degree of survivability and rapid disaster recovery in the event of natural and manmade disasters.
- Since government purchasing vehicles are typically awarded based on a competitive bidding process, individual agencies are assured low, consistent pricing and can purchase ShoreTel without a lengthy bid process
- As the government stimulus package delivers aid to state, local and federal agencies, ShoreTel's UC features, scalability, and exceptional reliability provide an opportunity for agencies to function more efficiently today - accomplishing more using fewer resources - while preparing them for long-term growth
- ShoreTel is already deployed in numerous Federal, State & Local government agencies across the country, and continues to increase its presence within the Public Sector
- ShoreTel continues to pursue additional state purchasing vehicles to provide ShoreTel and its partners with the opportunity to expand the government channel and increase market share in the public sector
"The ShoreTel Unified Communications solution is simple to manage, easy to use, and extremely reliable, providing government agencies with the productivity boost they need to do more with less. With our low total cost of ownership, great features, and top-rated customer service, we can create raving fans everywhere we're deployed. We are working diligently to secure additional purchasing vehicles to make it easier for agencies in every state to improve communications utilizing the ShoreTel solution."
- Troy Parish, director of government programs, ShoreTel
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications - voice, video, messaging and data - with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel's distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or call 1-877-80-SHORE.