SUNNYVALE, CA, December 9, 2008 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, today announced that the company's ShoreWare® Call Manager suite has received Citrix Ready certification from Citrix Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CTXS), the global leader in application delivery infrastructure. Certification signifies that features in the ShoreWare Call Manager Suite run seamlessly in the Citrix XenApp environment, providing knowledge workers and call center agents with industry leading telephony capabilities, visual voicemail, IM, presence and advanced call routing.
With Citrix XenApp, the ShoreWare Call Manager client is streamed from a server instead of installed on each user's PC. This enables users to access their applications from any location and reduces desktop hardware requirements while lowering the cost of a ShoreTel deployment. ShoreWare Call Manager can be "published" on the Citrix XenApp server once, and then deployed to hundreds of users in minutes regardless of their location.
- ShoreTel has provided UC industry-leading support for thin client technology for years and is the only UC vendor to receive Citrix Ready certification.
- The combination of ShoreWare Call Manager and Citrix XenApp is particularly well-suited to verticals such as banking, legal and healthcare that require maximum control over desktop environments.
- Key benefits of running ShoreWare Call Manager in a Citrix XenApp environment include:
- Simplified deployment of ShoreTel's desktop telephony productivity applications across the enterprise;
- Reduced hardware requirements and support costs for knowledge worker communications and call center agent desktop applications;
- Increased productivity for knowledge workers able to connect to enterprise applications from any location; and
- Reduced administration complexity with rapid application delivery for communications anywhere.
- According to Gartner, virtualization is the number one strategic technology for 2009, with thin clients providing a "portable personality across multiple systems, delivering a thick client experience with a thin client delivery model."
- Gartner also forecasts worldwide shipments of thin clients to reach 20 million by 2012, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 45 percent.
- According to Reuben Tan of IDC, the thin client market in APEJ (Asia Pacific Except Japan) is expected to grow with a CAGR of 21.4 percent over the next five years.
- NOTE: Most features of the ShoreWare Call Manager Suite are supported in the Citrix XenApp environment. For a complete list of the ShoreWare Call Manager features supported in the virtual environment, please visit: ShoreWare Call Manager
"ShoreTel is focused on developing industry-leading virtualization technology support because it is consistent with our core values of simplicity and low total cost of ownership. Citrix offers a very solid and mature platform for desktop virtualization, and by combining Citrix with the flexibility and reliability of the ShoreTel UC system, organizations benefit from feature-rich communications while simplifying deployment and management and reducing hardware requirements."
- Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
"Citrix is delighted to see ShoreTel taking a leadership role in the Unified Communications field with its ShoreWare Call Manager suite providing customers with virtual desktop productivity applications. Citrix Ready certification helps reassure our customers that ShoreTel's innovative solutions are compatible with the Citrix XenApp application delivery system."
- Derek Thorslund, Product Strategist, Multimedia Virtualization, Citrix Systems, Inc.
"Running ShoreTel with Citrix has lowered our total cost of ownership by allowing us to deploy updates quickly to the more than 500 PCs in our virtualized environment, and to provide an agile and streamlined infrastructure that supports the dynamic business needs of our bank. By centralizing security across our communications system, we are better positioned to scale quickly and respond to compliance requirements and audits."
- Mike Shollack, Vice President of Systems and Security, Macatawa Bank
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a leading provider of Pure IP unified communications solutions. ShoreTel enables companies of any size to seamlessly integrate all communications - voice, video, messaging and data - with their business processes. Independent of device or location, ShoreTel's distributed software architecture eliminates the traditional costs, complexity and reliability issues typically associated with other solutions. ShoreTel continues to deliver the highest levels of customer satisfaction, ease of use and manageability while driving down the overall total cost of ownership. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices in Austin, Texas, the United Kingdom, Sydney, Australia and Munich, Germany. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or call 1-800-425-9385.